Are you interested in becoming part of a special group of people dedicated to helping others? We are thankful for the hundreds of St. Francis volunteers who share a commitment to being good help to those in need. Their boundless spirit and dedication is evident in their service at ST. FRANCIS downtown and ST. FRANCIS eastside.
St. Francis volunteers are people who want to explore new learning experiences and have a desire to serve others. Our volunteers range from students and teenagers investigating career options, to parents who have a few hours to spare to retired men and women who want to keep busy and remain active.
St. Francis Volunteers are helpful in these areas: Admitting, Clerical Areas, CU/CCU, Emergency Department, Gift Shop, Information Desk, Patient Floors, Patient Relations, Pediatrics, Print Shop, Outpatient Surgery and the Spiritual Care Emmanuel Program.
- Be able to maintain a minimum of four hours of service per month.
- Complete Volunteer application
- Interview with the Volunteer Director. Your interests and abilities, as well as the times you are available to work, will be considered before a volunteer placement is made.
- Attend health system orientation.
- Meet requirements to work in a health care facility.
- Check of personal background.
- Purchase of uniform.
- For teen program, must be 15 years old to participate.
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer for Open Arms Hospice, click here to learn more.