Michael J. Coughlin, MD - Orthopedics
Dr. Coughlin is recognized nationally as a leading author and speaker on orthopedic topics. He is an orthopedic surgeon in private practice in Boise, Idaho, and Clinical Professor of Surgery in the Division of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation at Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland.
Dr. Coughlin has given over 200 presentations at orthopedic conferences and is the author of 50 scientific publications regarding orthopedic foot and ankle surgery. Since 1987, he has co-authored and produced eleven video presentations and textbooks on orthopedic topics.
- M.D.: University of Oregon Medical School, Portland, 1974
- Orthopaedic Internship: University of California - San Francisco, 1974 - 1975
- Orthopaedic Residency: University of California - San Francisco, 1975 - 1978
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Foot Surgery: Samuel Merrit Hospital, Oakland, 1978
- Oregon Health Science University, Division of
Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Dept. of Surgery:
- Clinical Instructor, 1983 - 1986
- Clinical Assistant Professor, 1986 - 1989
- Clinical Associate Professor, 1989 - 1994
- Clinical Professor, 1994 - present
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (past president)
- North Pacific Orthopaedic Association
- Idaho Orthopaedic Association
- Idaho Medical Association
- International Federation of Foot & Ankle Surgeons (president elect)
- Coughlin MJ (1995). Operative repair of the mallet toe deformity. Foot & Ankle International16(3): 109 - 116.
- Coughlin MJ (1996). Hallux valgus. Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery - American Volume, 78(6): 932 - 966.
- Mann RA, Coughlin MJ (1993). Adult hallux valgus. In Surgery of the Foot and Ankle, 6th ed. St. Louis: Mosby Year Book.