William M. Green, MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Dr. William M. Green reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Green specializes in emergency medicine and the evaluation and treatment of sexual abuse. He is a clinical professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of California, Davis, and director of the Sexual Assault Forensic Medicine Education Program at the California Clinical Forensic Medical Training Center, UC Davis Health System. In 1988, he published a textbook for health professionals, Rape: The Evidential Examination and Management of the Adult Female Victim.
Dr. Green has been reviewing Healthwise Knowledgebase topics since 1995 and was named an associate medical director in 1997.
- American Board of Family Practice—1977, 1982, 1988, 1994, 2000
- American Board of Emergency Medicine—1988, 1998, 2008
- American Board of Forensic Examiners—1997
- American Board of Forensic Medicine—1997
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Dr. Green is the primary medical reviewer for all symptom, emergency medicine, and orthopedic topics.
- MD: Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, 1973
- Family Practice Residency: University of California Davis School of Medicine, 1973–1976
- University of California Davis: Department of
- Assistant Clinical Professor, 1977–1983
- Associate Clinical Professor, 1983–1990
- Clinical Professor, 1990–present
- Dept. of Family Practice:
- Assistant Professor, 1976–1977
- Medical Director, Sexual Assault Forensic Evaluation Team, 1990–present
- Director of the Sexual Assault Forensic Medicine Education Program, California Clinical Forensic Medical Training Center, UC Davis Health System
- Faculty Physician, Department of Emergency Medicine, UC Davis Health System, Sacramento, CA, 1976–present
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Emergency Physicians (Fellow)
- American College of Forensic Medicine (Fellow)
- American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (Fellow)
- Wilderness Medical Society
- Green, WM (1988). Rape: The Evidential Examination and Management of the Adult Female Victim. Lexington, MA: D.C. Heath/Lexington Books.