Robert A. Hatcher, M.D., MPH - Gynecology, Obstetrics and Family Planning
Dr. Robert Hatcher reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Hatcher, is a Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Emory University School of Medicine and served as director of the Emory University Family Planning Program until the mid-nineties.
Dr. Hatcher isknown on a national level for his book Contraceptive Technology, now in its 18th edition.
- M.D.: Cornell University Medical College - 1963
- Internship: Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, 1963 - 1964
- Pediatric Residency: Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, 1964 - 1966
- MPH: University of California, Berkeley, 1972 - 1973
- Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics; Director of Family Planning Program, 1968 - 1996
- American Public Health Association
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals