Jill Ann Smith, MD - Ophthalmology/Glaucoma
Dr. Smith specializes in the prevention, early detection, and treatment of glaucoma. She is a clinical instructor in ophthalmology for Harvard Medical School at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in Boston and is affiliated with Newton Wellesley Eye Associates in Newton. Dr. Smith has written patient information on glaucoma for the Digital Journal of Ophthalmology published on the Internet.
- MD: Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC—1992
- Internship: Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 1992–1993
- Residency: Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 1993–1996
- Fellowship: Glaucoma, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 1996–1997
Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston
- Smith JA, Gragoudas ES, Dreyer EB (1997). Uveal metastases (review). International Ophthalmology Clinics, 37(4): 183–199.
- Smith JA, Foster CS (1996). Sarcoidosis and its ocular manifestations (review). International Ophthalmology Clinics, 36(1): 109–125.
- Jacobs DS, Piliero PJ, Kuperwaser MG, Smith JA, et al. (1994). Acute uveitis associated with rifabutin use in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection. American Journal of Ophthalmology, 118: 716–722.