Jeanne Marrazzo, MD, MPH - Infectious Disease, STD/HIV Prevention Epidemiology
Dr. Jeanne Marrazzo reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Marrazzo is an associate professor of medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases at the University of Washington in Seattle, and is medical director of the Seattle STD/HIV Prevention and Training Center. She is associate editor of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and is on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Infectious Diseases. She has received the Center for AIDS and STD New Investigator Award, the National Institutes of Health Career Development Award, the Lesbian Health Fund Research Award, and the Guardian of Women's Health Award from the Aradia Women's Health Center in Seattle. Dr. Marrazzo is a fellow of the American College of Physicians and of the Infectious Disease Society of America.
- National Board of Medical Examiners—1989
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine—1992; recertified 2002
- Infectious Diseases, American Board of Internal Medicine—1996; recertified 2004
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Genital Herpes
- Genital Warts (HPV)
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- MD: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, 1984
- Internship/Residency in Internal Medicine: Yale University of Medicine, New Haven, CT, 1988–1991
- Fellow in Infectious Diseases: University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1992–1995
- MPH, Epidemiology: University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1994
- STD/HIV Prevention Epidemiology and Public Health Fellowship: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, 1994–1996
- Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1998–2004
- Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2004–present
- Medical Director, Seattle STD/HIV Prevention Training Center, Seattle, WA
- Primary Care Provider, Harborview Madison HIV Clinic, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Attending Physician, Public Health—Seattle and King County Sexually Transmitted Disease Clinic, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- American College of Physicians
- Infectious Disease Society of America
- American Sexually Transmitted Diseases Association
- Infectious Disease Society of Washington
- Infectious Disease Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Marrazzo JM, Ellen JM, Kent C, Gaydos C, Chapin J, Dunne EF, Rietmeijer CA (2007). Acceptability of urine-based screening of Chlamydia trachomatis to asymptomatic young men and their providers. Sexually Transmitted Diseases, 34(3): 147–153.
- Marrazzo JM, Cook RL, Wiesenfeld HC, Murray PJ, Busse B, Meyn L, Krohn M, Hillier SL (2006). Women's satisfaction with an intravaginal Lactobacillus capsule for treatment of bacterial vaginosis. Journal of Women's Health, 15(9): 1053–1060.
- Marrazzo JM, Wiesenfeld HC, Murray PJ, Busse B, Meyn L, Krohn M, Hillier SL (2006). Risk factors for cervicitis among women with bacterial vaginosis. Journal of Infectious Diseases, 193(5): 617–624.
- Fredricks DN, Fiedler, TL, Marrazzo JM (2005). Molecular identification of bacteria associated with bacterial vaginosis. New England Journal of Medicine, 353(18): 1899–1911.