Thomas M. Bailey, MD - Family Medicine
Dr. Thomas Bailey reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Bailey is a clinical associate professor with the Department of Family Practice at the University of British Columbia. He is currently on the active staff of Victoria General Hospital, and medical director of Residential Services for the Vancouver Island Health Authority . Dr. Bailey has been active in family practice medicine in Victoria, BC, since 1978. He served as President of the British Columbia College of Family Physicians (2000-01) and President of the College of Family Physicians of Canada (2006-07). Dr. Bailey has been a manuscript reviewer for Canadian Family Physician since 1995.
- Fellow, College of Family Physicians of Canada—1996
- Certificate, College of Family Physicians of Canada—1978
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
Dr. Bailey serves as a specialist reviewer on a variety of general health topics, such as Diaper Rash and Drug Allergies, for the Healthwise Knowledgebase for Canada. He also serves as the final reviewer for all topics with Canadian localization changes that have been reviewed by a specialist in the United States.
- MD: University of British Columbia, 1976
- Residency in Family Practice: Dalhousie University, 1976–1978
- Certificant in Family Practice: College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP), 1978
- Fellowship in Family Practice: College of Family Physicians of Canada (FCFP), 1996
- Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Family Practice, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia
- Canadian Medical Association
- British Columbia Medical Association
- College of Family Physicians of Canada
- British Columbia Association of Geriatric Care Physicians
- Society of General Practitioners of British Columbia