John M. Freedman, MD - Anesthesiology
Dr. John Freedman reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Freedman is an Associate Clinical Professor of Anesthesia at the University of California, San Francisco, and is Chief in the Department of Anesthesiology at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Santa Rosa, California.
- MD: Yale University School of Medicine, 1980
- Internship in Medicine: University of California, San Francisco, 1980-1981
- Research Fellowship in Infectious Disease: University of California, San Francisco, 1981-1982
- Residency in Internal Medicine: University of California, San Francisco, 1982-1984
- Residency in Anesthesiology: University of California, San Francisco, 1984-1986
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- California Society of Anesthesiologists
- International Anesthesia Research Society
- Sonoma County and California Medical Associations
- Freedman JM, et al. (1998). Transient neurologic symptoms after spinal anesthesia: An epidemiologic study of 1,863 patients. Anesthesiology, 89(3): 633-641.
Last Updated: January 27, 2010