Catherine Devany Serio, PhD - Psychology, Behavioral Health
Dr. Serio is the behavioral health consultant for Healthwise, Incorporated. Dr. Serio joined Healthwise in 2006 to consult on product development for multimedia patient education materials. She assists teams with the integration of evidence-based medicine and behavior change theory to develop effective interventions for promoting patient wellness, healthy lifestyles, and management of chronic illness.
Prior to joining Healthwise, Dr. Serio was the Director of Psychosocial Education and the Director of Grants and Research for the Family Medicine Residency of Idaho and continues to serve as an Associate Clinical Professor for the University of Washington.
- PhD: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, 1993
- MS: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, 1990
- Associate Clinical Professor, University of Washington, Department of Family Medicine, 2003–Present
- Serio CD, Epperly TD (2006). Physician Leadership: A new model for a new generation. Family Practice Management, 13(2), 51–55.
- Serio CD, Kreutzer JS, Witol AD (1997). Family needs after traumatic brain injury: A factor analytic study of the Family Needs Questionnaire. Brain Injury, 11(1): 1–9.