Patrice Burgess, MD - Family Medicine
Dr. Patrice Burgess reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Burgess is a family practice physician in Boise, Idaho, and is a part-time faculty member at the Family Practice Residency of Idaho. An accomplished instructor, Dr. Burgess received the Faculty Teacher of the Year Award for 1998–1999 and the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Award in 1993.
Dr. Burgess is a past president of the Idaho Medical Association and the current American Medical Association Delegate for Idaho. She also does some administrative work for Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise. She assists the hospital with physician relations and the physician component of implementing an electronic health record.
She has served as Associate Medical Director for Healthwise, Incorporated, since October 2000.
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
Dr. Burgess serves as primary medical reviewer for adult health-related topics. In cooperation with the Chief Medical Officer, she also serves as primary medical reviewer for the Healthwise® Handbook and Healthwise® for Life.
- MD: University of Washington, 1990
- Residency in Family Practice: Family Practice Residency of Idaho, Boise, 1990–1993
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Washington
- Part-time Faculty, Family Practice Residency of Idaho
- St. Luke's Regional Medical Center, Boise, ID
- St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, Boise, ID
- Ada County Medical Society
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Idaho Medical Association