Lisa S. Weinstock, MD - Psychiatry
Dr. Lisa S. Weinstock reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Weinstock specializes in psychopharmacology and perinatal psychiatry at her private practice in Mount Kisco, New York. She is an active member of the American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology, in which she has served as chairperson of the gender committee.
Before going into private practice, Dr. Weinstock was coordinator of the Perinatal and Reproductive Psychiatry Service Outpatient Department of New York Hospital, Westchester Division of Weill Cornell's Department of Psychiatry. From 1993 to 1996 she was a consultant in psychopharmacology at the Center for Mental Health and Retardation in Woburn, Massachusetts. She is an accomplished speaker who has made numerous presentations at national and international conferences.
In 1995 Dr. Weinstock received the New Investigator Award at the New Clinical Drug Evaluation Meeting sponsored by the National Institutes of Mental Health (NIMH). She also received the Emily Hartshorne Mudd Award from the University of Pennsylvania for the medical student who had contributed substantially in the field of family health.
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Panic Attacks and Panic Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- MD: University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 1991
- Internship and Residency: Adult Psychiatry, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA, 1991–1995
- Senior Resident: Psychosis Program, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA, 1994–1995
- Chief Resident: Perinatal Psychiatry Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, 1994–1995
- Fellowship: Clinical/Research in Perinatal Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, 1995–1996
- Clinical Assistant Professor: Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, 2001–present
- Instructor: Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, 1996–1999
- Clinical Fellow: Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 1991–1996
- Weinstock LS, Moline M (1999). Premenstrual dysphoric disorder. In RE Rakel, ed., Conn's Current Therapy, pp. 1082–1084. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders.
- Zarate CA, Weinstock L, Cukor P, Morabito C, Leahy L, Burns C, and Baer L (1997). Applicability of telemedicine for assessing patients with schizophrenia: Acceptance and reliability. Journal of Psychiatry, 58(1): 22–25.