Few health care providers achieve the blend of compassion and forward thinking that typifies cancer care at St. Francis. Our cancer program treats patients throughout the Southeast and beyond, with world-class physicians that provide a new option for the community in a faith based, not-for-profit setting.
Our cancer program has received the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer award with commendation - one of the only facilities in the state to receive this prestigious honor. In addition, it is fully accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy, FACT.
St. Francis Cancer Care includes:
- Early Detection and Screening
- Treatments including Stem Cell Transplantation, Surgery and Chemotherapy
- Clinical Trials
- Emotional, Spiritual Care
- Ongoing Oncology Rehabilitation
cancer center expansion
This year, St. Francis announced a bold vision for the Upstate: to battle cancer with Faith, Hope and Expertise. Along with remarkable growth and award-winning, accredited care, our cancer center has exciting plans taking shape, including new treatment options, advanced equipment, a new facility and more. Learn more >>
louis p. batson, jr. cancer care center
For many cancer patients, treatment requires a hospital stay. Inpatient cancer care is located on the 5th floor of ST. FRANCIS downtown at the Louis P. Batson, Jr. Cancer Care Center. The inpatient facilities emphasize patient-centered care with access to advanced imaging, surgical suites and advanced treatments and diagnostic services all under one roof.
- 29 private inpatient rooms, including nine that are specially equipped for stem cell transplantation
- State-of-the-art imaging capabilities, including X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scanning, helical CT, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, mammography, stereotactic biopsy, nuclear medicine, plain film radiology, fluoroscopic gastrointestinal studies, intravenous pyelography, arthography and myelography methods.
- Acclaimed, respected oncologists and specially trained nurses and support personnel
- Pathology services for analysis of cancer cells to help diagnose cancer, monitor prescribed treatments, predict and diagnose infections, and establish guidelines used in cancer screenings and post-treatment follow-ups.
You may reach the Batson Cancer Care Center at 864-255-1591.