The Bon Secours St. Francis Health System CME Committee is comprised of physicians who have active privileges at Bon Secours St. Francis Health System, Inc. and therefore have a vested interest in improving quality outcomes in patient care. Committee members will develop, design education opportunities and monitor the quality of the BSSFHS sponsored activities. Physician issues dealing with CME are also discussed and acted upon by the committee.
The CME Committee oversees all continuing medical education activities.
- Designate CME activities for Category 1 credit.
- Help formulate policies and procedures pertinent to CME
- Participate in long and short term planning efforts according to the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Essential Elements and Element(s) and abide by the Standards for Commercial Support to ensure independence of all CME activities.
- Participate in individual activity development
- Assist in CME needs assessment and review
- Assist in CME evaluation
- Provide a liaison between CME staff, departmental staff and hospital administration.
- Agree to the Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships Statement
- Attend bi-monthly one-hour committee meetings
The CME Committee is comprised of the following individuals
- Dr. Tommy Bridges
- Dr. Michael Towler
- Dr. Frank Smeeks, CMO
- Teri Ficicchy, EVP/CNO
- Denise Campbell, Administrative Director, Acute Care Services
- Jim Mears, Corporate Compliance
- Jenny McLeod, Coordinator, Professional Development and Education
The CME Committee meets the 4th Monday of every month at 7:00 am in the Physicians' Conference Room.